The Job Interviewing Tips section by Action Medical Search is devoted to knowing what questions to ask. These interviewing tips are not by any means all of the questions
that you should inquire about, but it is a guide to prepare you before you get there. If you have any further questions, feel free to
- Prepare your questions before you speak with the CEO or president of the group. Be on time (this sounds ridiculous, but many physicians are late or don’t show up
at all) and dress professionally (we had one physician show up for an interview wearing jogging pants).
- Bring all of your paperwork with you for verification.
- Discuss what type of
call schedule you will be expected to follow (1:4, 1:8, etc.) and if it is equally shared with the other members of the group.
- Discuss if you will be
expected to work in the same facility with the group/hospital. Additionally, you should ask if you will have your own office or you will be expected to share your office with another.
- Discuss how many
patients the other physicians in the group are examining daily as well as how many you will be expected to see.
- Discuss the type of patients will you be examining and performing procedures with (i.e.
if you are a Family Practice physician, ask if you will you be expected to see Obstetric patients).
- Discuss the salary in detail.
- Discuss if they have a
relocation assistance program.
- Discuss their bonus structure (sign on, performance, etc.)
- Discuss all of their benefits (401k, health/dental, etc.)
- Discuss if they will
pay your malpractice insurance and CME’s.
- Discuss if you will be paid by an income guarantee, a loan, or placed on salary